Sunday, April 5, 2009

"I totally don't know what that means,
But I want it..."

This Jessica Simpson commercial is from the absolute peak of capitalism. I don't know if it was that commercial i posted a few days ago or some stupid conservative rant i heard on a talk show tonight, but something reminded me of this insane commercial from 2007.

I mean the day someone said they wanted something, and they didn't know why and they advertised it, you know, just like those greedy fuckers that were running the country, that they just went too damn far. The end was bound to come soon, and i think this commercial back when it came out was the 'straw that broke the camels back'.

1 comment:

  1. What she said makes sense. It's put out there that these new pieces of technology can do this, they do that, and they contain this feature. The problem is, we're rarely told what those things mean, and chances are, we're too lazy to find out. Despite all of that, the "average" person might not care enough to understand what things like 1080i/1080p mean if they we told or read about it. I want to say, let's dumb it down, but that's just the problem. Products are advertised with the lowest common denominator in mind. I learned that studying graphic design, and it left me a little disenchanted.

    ReplyDelete